Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Proper Grip of a Handgun

Hi ladies.

Welcome to the first post of Elegantly Armed.  This blog is for any woman who wants to be more informed and involved in the firearms sector.  I was a late bloomer as some may say.  I didn't get into them until I started dating a man who is quite frankly obsessed.  For a little while, I still didn't care...until he asked me to name his new AR-15 (her name is Rose by the way).  Hook, line and sinker.

I go on many trips to various gun shops with him and have seen how many treat the women shooters.  I'm frankly waiting for them to say, "Shouldn't you be in the kitchen?"  The social stigma says that women who shoot are masculine.  That's not the case.  If I could wear heels and have a stable stance, I would shoot with them on all of the time.  Ever try to shoot a KS-23 in a pair of stilettos?  It has enough recoil to break your heels.

To start off this wonderful blog, I decided I would start with the fundamentals of shooting.  I don't know how many ladies I have seen use improper gun handling and shooting grip.  Responsibility goes along with the right of ownership.  I figured I would enlist the help of YouTube to explain it easier than writing about it.  Am I the only visual learner here?

Happy shooting!


Thank you to www.TacticalShooting.com for the great YouTube video!

No comments:

Post a Comment